REMOTE (ACCESS TO LONDON HEAD OFFICE) / PRODUCT TEAM / FULL-TIME
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing VC Backed start up tackling global challenges. You’ll get the opportunity to be part of & help build a killer team, play a critical role in shaping one of the worlds’ most archaic & pollutive industries.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership of our construction information platform. You’ll need to be extremely curious; independent; and enthusiastic; with a strong drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
You’ll be working in our core Product team, working closely with the Engineering, Commercial and BI functions of the business. You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s head office in London for team meetings and socials. We operate highly flexible working, with many of the team working remotely day to day and meeting weekly for collaborative working and a bit of fun!
- You will take responsibility for the prioritisation of features and user stories, and accepting the work generated by the engineering team.
- Work with internal and external customers, understanding priorities with product, engineering, and client-facing team members to analyse the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the Scrum team.
- You will collaborate with engineers, BI analysts and client-facing teams to spot themes of reactive issues and prioritise when needed to address their root causes.
- You will support the delivery of the Product Roadmap. Work closely with the CPO, CTO and Engineering team, to define the best way to deliver on this.
- You will assist with functional testing of new features delivered in sprints.
- Research & frame user needs and problems, in alignment with our business goals and product direction. Articulate this context to the wider team to help them solve opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Product Team on wider team direction and priorities, representing those within the wider business.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering and BI team to help define user requirements, workflows for UX/UI, and remove blockers to facilitate development.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and be the primary contact for queries related to the product.
We value the following skills. Don’t worry if you don’t have all of them yet, as long as you’re keen to learn!
- You are extremely curious, independent, and enthusiastic with a huge drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
- You take a problem-first approach, always making sure to ask questions and understand the context before starting work on anything.
- You will be excited about building a robust, scalable product, and the impact this has on sustainable construction and achieving net zero carbon emissions.
- You care about the impact of your work and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right system at the right time.
- A clear and articulate communicator, comfortable talking to and collaborating with different audiences from Software Engineers to non-tech savvy clients, as well as internal and external senior stakeholders, adjusting your style and level of detail appropriately.
- Find the best ways to test assumptions and learn; gain insight from users, clients and our teams, to remove unknowns before and during development, taking a data-driven perspective on this.
- Clearly communicate product goals, priority, team decisions and progress across the business, proactively informing internal stakeholders of changes.
- Have experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager or similar role in a software development team.
- You’re comfortable working with Agile software delivery practices.
- Ability to prioritize in the face of many competing demands.
- Interest in UI/UX, enjoy both coming up with ideas and engaging with customers to identify solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- Experience and interest in start-ups and entrepreneurship.
- Most importantly, you have a growth mindset and are willing to learn and improve alongside the wider team as part of this journey together.
- Bonus: you have experience working in a Construction Tech product development team, and/or have had experience in the AEC sector.
Python, C#, JS/Typescript, React, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous services, distributed storage, Azure Tables, SQL Server and Cosmos, xUnit, Terraform.
- Video call with CPO
- Video call with CTO and CPO (including presentation to be delivered)
- Cultural fit interview with CEO and or Head of Operations
- Salary £40,000 – £80,000 based on experience.
- Possibility to grow to a senior position while the company scales
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (prorated)
- Strong learning and development opportunities
- Regular company social events
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf
- Flexible benefits include wellness, discounts and more…