REMOTE IN THE UK / ENGINEERING TEAM / FULL-TIME
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
You’re a talented Team Lead looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real problems. We value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity, collaboration, curiosity, and enduring ethics.
Your team and your role
We’re looking for someone to lead the team through the software development lifecycle, from design and development to testing and deployment. You’ll need to collaborate with other teams, write high-quality code and ensure the codebase follows best practices. You are curious and enthusiastic with a drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
You’ll be working in our Engineering team, working closely with Product and other technical teams and reporting to the CTO.
- Lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, and delivery of our core platform infrastructure
- Continuously improve our development processes and technologies to ensure high-quality software delivery
- Demonstrate project management skills to ensure the team develops quality software in a timely manner
- Provide technical direction and mentorship from an individual and team perspective
- Ensure the quality of software delivery through effective code reviews, testing, and debugging
- Work closely with the Product team (Product Manager) to translate product requirements into technical specifications
- Continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team’s processes and workflows
- Strong leadership experience with software development teams, including coaching and mentorship
- Strong experience in an engineering environment, with a focus on building complex, scalable, and performant systems
- Expertise in one or more of our core programming languages, such as Python, C#, Typescript or related languages
- Strong knowledge of Cloud architecture, instrumentation, and CI/CD
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on delivering high-quality software products
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to think critically and creatively
Qflow's Tech Stack
- Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as with many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with the help of mentorship programs, 121s and more.
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.