REMOTE IN THE UK / ENGINEERING TEAM / FULL-TIME
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
You’re a talented Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real problems. We value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity, collaboration, curiosity, and enduring ethics.
Your team and your role
We’re looking for someone that will be responsible for designing and developing the infrastructure that powers our products. You’ll need to collaborate with other teams, write high-quality code and ensure the codebase follows best practices.
You’ll be working in our Engineering team, working closely with Product and other technical teams and reporting to the CTO.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core platform infrastructure that powers our products, ensuring scalability, performance, and reliability
- Write high-quality, maintainable code that is well-documented and tested
- Ensure the codebase follows best practices for software development, such as using appropriate design patterns, writing clean and modular code, and ensuring that the codebase is easy to understand and maintain
- Continuously improve our development processes and technologies to ensure high-quality software delivery
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other engineers on their code
- Work closely with the Product team to translate product requirements into technical specifications
- Collaborate with other internal teams to develop software that meets the needs of the business and our customers
- Contribute to the technical direction of the team and provide ideas and input on architectural decisions.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team
- Strong experience in an engineering environment, with a focus on building complex, scalable, and performant systems
- Expertise in one or more of our core programming languages, such as Python, C#, Typescript or related languages
- Frontend experience with single-page applications (SPAs) in React
- Previous backend development experience beneficial
- Strong knowledge of Cloud architecture, instrumentation, and CI/CD
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas and data to diverse audiences
- Proven experience in guiding and mentoring other engineers
Qflow's Tech Stack
- Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as with many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with a dedicated budget.
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi.
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.