You’re a talented full-stack engineer looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real-world problems.
About the role
You’ll be working in our exceptional Engineering team, as well as interfacing with our product and data science team. You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s head office in London for team meetings and socials. We operate highly flexible working, with many of the team working remotely day to day and meeting weekly for collaborative working and a bit of fun!
- Develop and improve our platform which encompasses; .NET Core servers, mobile, Azure functions, Event Driven data intake and React based Single Page applications
- Maintain and contribute to our development process and continued quest for excellence
- Participate in the extension of our automated testing coverage within a dedicated environment
- Aid with resolving how to efficiently store and access large volumes of data across diverse storage solutions.
- Integrate with our dedicated Analytical and Machine Learning R&D Team
- You are extremely curious, independent, and enthusiastic with a huge drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
- You recognise that working in a team is a chance both to learn and to teach.
- You will have good experience of building scalable production systems.
- You will be looking for an opportunity to apply and adapt what you know to new technologies and systems.
- You care about the impact of your work and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right system at the right time.
- Most importantly, you see your job not just as completing a task, but as making an impact potentially able to change the whole construction industry.
Desirable skills and experience
We value the following skills. Don’t worry if you don’t have all of them yet, as long as you’re keen to learn!
- Cloud architecture, instrumentation, and CI/CD
- A clear and articulate communicator
- Mentoring and influencing others
- Executing and contributing to technical strategy
- Frond-End Single-Page application experience with React
- Back-End development experience of a server and Azure Functions using .NET CoreDatabase administration across SQL and NoSQL
.NET Core, React, Python, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous services, distributed storage, Azure Tables, SQL Server and Cosmos, Redis, xUnit, Terraform
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Strong learning and development opportunities
- Regular company social events (virtual and in-person post lockdown!)
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
Our founders Brittany (an award winning engineer) and Jade (environmental scientist with experience working on two of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects) have used their experience in the industry and entrepreneurial training to build an industry changing tool and a world class team. Qflow raised over £1M in seed and grant funding in 2019 and are on track for £500,000 revenue in 2020.
With a total addressable market of £1.13bn in the UK alone, and plans to expand internationally within the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to join a team looking to scale rapidly in both reach and impact. Qflow sells directly to construction and development teams, and collaborates with industry partners such as logistics contractors and environmental consultants. Qflow’s first wave of products deliver real-time data on construction processes (including material and waste management), providing new insights generated by our AI tools that have never been experienced in this sector before. You will be providing critical infrastructure with the tools to build more efficiently and more sustainably, whilst also automating hideous admin tasks on-site.