Senior Software Engineer
Remote (Access to London Head Office) Engineering Team / Full-time
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing start up tackling global challenges. You’ll get the opportunity to be part of & help shape a killer team, play a critical role in shaping one of the worlds most archaic & pollutive industries.
You’ll be working in our exceptional Engineering team. You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s head office in London for team meetings and socials. We operate highly flexible working, with many of the team operating remotely day to day and meeting weekly for collaborative work and a bit of fun!
- You must be comfortable working with multiple languages and technologies. Strong Python is a must; any other languages are definitely a bonus, even if they’re not part of our tech stack.
- Maintain and contribute to our development process and continued journey for excellence
- Participate in the extension of our automated testing coverage within a dedicated environment
- Aid with resolving how to efficiently store and access large volumes of data across diverse storage solutions.
- Participate in planning and breakdown of tasks
- You are extremely curious, independent, and enthusiastic with a huge drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
- You recognise that working in a team is a chance both to learn and to teach.
- You will have good experience building scalable production systems.
- You care about the impact of your work and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right system at the right time.
- Most importantly, you see your job not just as completing a task, but as making an impact potentially able to change the whole construction industry.
- A clear and articulate communicator
Skills & Expertise
We value the following skills. Don’t worry if you don’t have all of them yet, as long as you’re keen to learn!
- Cloud architecture, instrumentation, and CI/CD
- Machine Learning (e.g. form-extraction / vision systems)
- Mentoring and influencing others
- Executing and contributing to technical strategy
- Frontend single page application experience with React
- React native mobile application development
- Backend development experience of a server and Azure Functions using .NET Core Database administration across SQL and NoSQL
Python, .NET Core, React, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous services, distributed storage, Azure Tables, SQL Server and Cosmos, Redis, xUnit, Terraform
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Strong learning and development opportunities
- Regular company social events (virtual and in-person post lockdown!)
Qualisflow is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, free from unfair or unlawful discrimination.
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
Our founders Brittany (an award winning engineer) and Jade (environmental scientist with experience working on two of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects) have used their experience in the industry and entrepreneurial training to build an industry changing tool and a world class team. Qflow raised over £1M in seed and grant funding in 2019 and a further £1.7m in 2021, from a combination of international Prop Tech and Impact investors.
With a total addressable market of £1.13bn in the UK alone, and plans to expand internationally within the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to join a team looking to scale rapidly in both reach and impact. Qflow sells directly to construction and development teams, and collaborates with industry partners such as logistics contractors and environmental consultants. Qflow’s first wave of products deliver real-time data on construction processes (including material and waste management), providing new insights generated by our platform that have never been experienced in this sector before. You will be providing critical infrastructure with the tools to build more efficiently and more sustainably, whilst also automating hideous admin tasks on-site.