REMOTE IN THE UK / ENGINEERING TEAM (PLATFORM TEAM) / FULL-TIME
Who are we?
At Qflow we’re on a mission to transform one of the world’s most pollutive industries: Construction. We help them cut waste and reduce their carbon emissions by providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
After successfully raising an oversubscribed Series A investment round, our technical team is now growing. We are seeking a talented Senior Engineering Manager who is eager to contribute to building a sustainable future. If you are passionate about sustainability, believe that with cutting-edge technology we can address tangible issues, you value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity and encourage collaboration and curiosity within your team, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
Your team and your role
We have an amazing, highly skilled and dedicated engineering team, and we’re looking for someone to join them who will contribute to this exciting journey of growth. You will be responsible for designing and developing the software that powers our products. You’ll need to collaborate with other teams, write high-quality code and ensure the codebase follows best practices. You are curious and enthusiastic with a drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
You’ll be working in our Engineering team, specifically within the Platform team, working closely with Product and other technical teams and reporting to the team lead. In a typical week you’ll be busy with the following:
- Design, develop, and maintain the core engine that powers our products, ensuring scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code that is well-documented and tested.
- Extensive collaboration with other engineers, including pair-programming and mob programming.
- Ensure the codebase follows best practices for software development, such as using appropriate design patterns, writing clean and modular code, and ensuring the codebase is easy to understand and maintain.
- Contribute towards identifying and continuously improve our development processes and technologies.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other engineers on their code.
- Work closely with the Product team to translate product requirements into technical specifications.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to develop software that meets the needs of the business and our customers. Always have an eye on the big picture to avoid getting lost in the weeds.
- Always have an eye on the big picture to avoid getting lost in the weeds
- Collaborate with our experienced Senior Engineers to learn from and participate in sessions making design decisions and planning architecture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas and data to diverse audiences
- Strong experience in an engineering environment, with a focus on building complex, scalable, and performant systems
- Significant experience with C#; our core back-end programming language
- Experience in design and development of public and internal Restful APIs
- Beneficial but not essential; Experience with mobile app development using React Native and/or publishing updates to the iOS and Android/Google Play stores.
- Have a growth mindset, always looking to improve yourself and others around you
Qflow's Tech Stack
- Salary Range: up to £65,000, dependent on level of experience
- Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as with many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays + 3 days company closure at Christmas and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees match contributions up to 7%.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with a dedicated budget.
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about.
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy.
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi.
- Private medical insurance – Comprehensive scheme supplied with the option to add family.
- Critical Illness and Life insurance – We support with plans for the hard times.
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.