REMOTE IN THE UK / OPERATIONS TEAM / FULL-TIME
At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
You’re a diligent, resilient and self-starting HR Manager looking for an opportunity to make a difference to one of the world’s most polluting industries. You enjoy working with the latest tech, and like finding ways to use it to solve real problems. We value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity, collaboration, curiosity, and enduring ethics.
Your team and your role
We’re looking for someone to take full ownership of Qflow’s HR and People practices, responsible for developing and executing HR strategies and helping us to build and manage a world-class workforce, as we transition in our next stage of growth. This is a diverse role, with responsibilities ranging from administrative tasks and understanding employment law through to make decisions that will impact everyone across the business.
You’ll be working in our Operations team, working closely with the Senior Leadership team and reporting to the Head of Operations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Ensure company values and strategy are aligned within HR practices to strengthen organisation culture
- Tracking and reporting OKRs across the business
- Manage DEIB (Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Belonging) values and practices across the business
- Manage the monthly payroll process alongside the Finance Manager
Performance and Progression
- Implement and manage a performance appraisal system, including annual reviews, which both evaluates employee performance and fosters continuous employee development
- Create career progression plans for all roles within the business, that align with company values and strategy vision
- Design and implement Learning & Development and training programs, based on the needs of different divisions and the business as a whole
- Act as a key point of contact for all employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and performance management
- Act as a point of support and advisor for employees across the company, promoting a positive and inclusive work environment
- Ensure all HR policies and practices are compliant with all relevant laws (including Employment laws) and regulations
- Stay up-to-date on changes to employment laws and regulations, making relevant recommendations for policy changes as needed
Recruitment, Onboarding & Benefits
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team on hiring processes, including job description creation, interviews and offer management
- Create and implement onboarding programs to ensure new hires are integrated seamlessly into the company
- Manage and review the company’s employee programmes, compensation and benefits packages
- Proven HR Management experience within a start-up or scale-up environment, with a high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Professional HR qualification (CIPD/SHRM or similar)
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR-related regulations and legislation, as well as accepted professional standards, policies and procedures (including the Equality Act, data protection and health & safety)
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to support, coach and mentor employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders, as well as driving collaboration
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to deliver under pressure and against deadlines
- Passion for building a sustainable future and the role of technology in benefitting business and wider society
- Calm and composed during employee relations cases, including disciplinary hearings and staff conflicts
- Solid understanding of the key principles of employment law
- Proficient knowledge of HR systems and software
- Salary Range: £48,000-53,000, dependent on level of experience
- Remote-first team – You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s HQ in London for collaborative team meetings and fun social events.
- Accessible HQ in central London – Step-free HQ in London close to Borough Market including prayer and meditation spaces, as well as many restaurants, cafes, and bars in the neighbourhood to enjoy after work.
- Career opportunities – As Qflow scales, we help you to get access to tailored career progression plans and senior roles to reach your full potential.
- Paid time off – 25 days annual leave (pro-rated for part-time roles) + bank holidays and paid sick leave.
- Pension program – We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees.
- Learning and development – Opportunities to learn and grow with the help of mentorship programs, 121s and more.
- Social events – Regular company events from quiz nights to fun sport activities.
- Company laptop and tools – The tech you need to do your work hassle- & stress-free.
- Purpose and opportunity – To join a high-growth, VC-backed company and to make a positive impact. Construction is one of the most damaging industries to our climate. But it doesn’t have to be. It’s our goal to help make the industry sustainable and work in harmony with our environment.
- Paid Volunteering days – We support what you are passionate about
- Family Friendly Policy – Outstanding enhanced family policy
- Carbon offset – We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi
We at Qflow work every day with the purpose to leave the world in a better place than we found it. We respect the environment, and we respect each other. Qualis Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qflow does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality, while we maintain a work environment free from discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, we adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.