Remote (Access to London Head Office) / Full-time
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of & help build a killer team, play a critical role in shaping one of the worlds most archaic & pollutive industries.
This is a perfect opportunity to join a fast growing, venture backed, ESG B2B software start-up/scale-up at one of the most exciting times in our journey. We are supported by some of the best Proptech and Impact investors, and start-up networks including TechNation, Entrepreneur Frist and many more.
You’ll be the first dedicated finance individual in the company, working closely with our CEO and Head of Operations to support the business growth plans including Series A fundraising and international expansions.
This is a hands on role so we are looking for a dedicated, diligent, and resilient self-starting individual who can work independently and grow a team around them.
- Own the day-to-day finance function, working with our external accountants and supporting sales in client invoicing and receivables
- Maintaining and improving the financial model and P&L
- Cost control and financial accounts management ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Manage the monthly payroll process, including managing the HMRC and pension accounts working with an external provider
- Create and manage a robust controls environment and work with the business to identify areas for improvement
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll & invoicing
- Track and report company KPIs to board and investors, and suggest appropriate KPIs to drive financial performance
- Work with the business CEO to prepare budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Define and implement financial strategy in conjunction with the leadership team to deliver the overall business strategy and key business objectives
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to identify value-adding opportunities
- Provide insights on the financial health of the organisation leading financial scenario modelling and contribute to the forecasting process
- Be instrumental in the future growth of the team
- Other duties as reasonably required within the role
Skills & Expertise
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar)
- Minimum 2+ years post qualification experience (PQE)
- Ability to conduct market research and compile strategic reports
- Analytical thinker and team player, a self-starter, willing to take responsibility for problem solving and possesses excellent attention to detail.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis.
- Desired experience working within a tech or SaaS company
- Desired experience within a start-up/scale up environment
- Passion for building a more sustainable future and/or the role of technology in delivering benefits to business and society.
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £50,000 – £60,000, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you will be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth! Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 25 days paid holiday
- Direct reporting to C-Suite
- Opportunity for growth
- Work anywhere in the UK with flexible working and access to an awesome London office next to Borough Market
- Regular team social events
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf
Qualisflow is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We value and encourage diversity within our workforce and are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination. All applicants will receive consideration for employment fairly and consistently, free from unfair or unlawful discrimination.
Qflow is a on a mission to build a more sustainable future! We provide construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable and sustainable projects. We are a growing team of 25 passionate individuals from construction, software engineering, and cutting edge data science, combining our skills to deliver real-time opportunities to save time, reduce cost and cut carbon during construction.
Our founders Brittany (an award winning engineer) and Jade (environmental scientist with experience working on two of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects) have used their experience in the industry and entrepreneurial training to build an industry changing tool and a world class team. Qflow has raised over £2.4 million in venture capital and grant funding from a combination of international Prop Tech and Impact investors.
With a total addressable market of £1.13bn in the UK alone, and plans to expand internationally within the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to join a team looking to scale rapidly in both reach and impact.