Remote (Access to London Head Office) / Finance & Operations Team / Full-time
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing VC Backed start up tackling global challenges. You’ll get the opportunity to be part of & help build a killer team, play a critical role in shaping one of the worlds’ most archaic & pollutive industries.
Come join us at one of the most exciting and challenging times in our journey. We are supported by some of the best PropTech and Impact investors, and start-up networks including TechNation, Entrepreneur Frist and many more.
This is a varied and hands on role so we are looking for a dedicated, diligent and resilient individual who can work closely with our Head of Operations to support the business growth plans which include Series A fundraising and international expansions. Great opportunity for personal growth as we scale over the coming years.
Day to day, you’ll be speaking and coordinating with our amazing teams, supporting with anything from simple queries, compliance, HR, events, market research and everything in between. As the operational team we are responsible for ‘keeping the lights on’ and the machine moving. It is essential to be forward thinking and prempt where something can unravel to provide seamless support to the wider business.
You’ll be working closely with all areas of the business and can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s head office in London for team meetings and socials. We operate highly flexible working, with many of the team working remotely day to day and meeting weekly for collaborative working and a bit of fun! We will provide you with a laptop and cover reasonable expenses.
Business Support including but not limited to:
- Full administrative & operational business support to Head of Operations
- Coordinating schedules, meetings and appointments
- Drafting correspondence
- Researching investors and portfolio companies
- Adhoc travel booking for SLT
- Prompt answering of staff and stakeholder questions
- Inventory and ordering of suppliers as needed
- Overseeing general office facilities
- Maintain operational budget
Events & Marketing
- Supporting with customer and industry events alongside the commercial team
- Arranging dinners, socials, and public appearances
- Market research
IT & Compliance
- Maintenance of supplier relationships
- Providing ad hoc IT support for the team, liaising with the external IT company
- Supporting compliance for ISO, Cyber Essentials, FuturePlus etc…
- Ensuring all policies and processes are kept up to date and are reviewed as and when required
- Assisting with recruitment, onboarding and offboarding
- Supporting the L&D programme and benefits platform
- Working with members of different departments to plan for future expansion or diversification
Skills & Expertise
- At least 3yrs experience in a similar role
- Exceptional organisation, Strong time management and the ability to prioritise their workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of flexibility and adaptability and the ability to multitask
- The ability to work under pressure and reach deadlines
- Analytical thinker and team player, a self-starter, willing to take responsibility for problem solving and possesses excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working within a tech or SaaS company beneficial not essential
- Experience in a start-up/scale-up environment preferred
- Passion for building a more sustainable future and/or the role of technology in delivering benefits to business and society.
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £26,000 – 32,000 for this role, depending on experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
Fun stuff …
- Stock options: so you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
- 25 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working and access to an awesome London office next to Borough Market
- Regular team social events
- Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees
- We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf
- Flexible benefits include wellness, discounts and more…